Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week 1 day 2

I am driving home and realizing I look forward to jogging. My legs are not hurting and its a beautiful day. Temperature around 68 degrees and I am home in early evening.

I gather my ten and twelve year old cheerleaders. We sort out socks and shoes, who is running with a dog and who is carrying a waterbottle. Thirty minutes later we are off!

It takes approximately 5 minutes to walk to the park. There we find a great walking path (how did I not ever see this before??) Hannah jogs with me while Jake forgets he is my cheerleader and heads to the playground.

My legs are hurting. Bad. Seriously going to bust into pieces bad. I jog 2 of the 60 second sprints and realize my legs are so tight I can barely move them. I stop to stretch and discouragement sets in. I can't even get through day one.

Then as I am stretching, I realize I am 37 and packing at least 75 extra pounds. It isn't going to be as easy as it used to. I allow myself to briskly walk until the pain subsides. I keep going with my cheerleader beside me.... Soon I can pick up two more 60 seconds and it feels good.... It FEELS GOOD!!!

Before I know it we are 25 minutes into this, so we head for home. While it takes 5 minutes to get to the park, it takes about ten minutes to get home due to one very.large.hill.

I forgot we went down the hill... hefting myself up the hill was about as fun as a root canal. Hannah got behind me and pushed me up saying "I think you can, I think you can"

Teamwork. It Rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment